Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Industry City | Sunset Park, BK

Last week I had the chance to visit Industry City.
    Industry City at Bush Terminal is a 6.5-million-square-foot complex of industrial, office and retail space and a bustling creative business hub that comprises over 30 acres of historic Bush Terminal along Brooklyn’s Sunset Park waterfront in New York City.
    If you ever forget how much art and innovation is going around you at any given moment, this was one of those moment's that will wake you up.
    Industry City is one of the supporters of The Factory Floor which is a 22,000 sq. ft. home to pop-up shops created to support local manufacturers. They had a furniture show going on and anything and everything made out of wood was there to be seen. Below are some of my favorites.
    New Colony Furniture made by Annie Evelyn was not only shockingly beautiful but extremely innovative and useful. The chairs look as though their surfaces will be hard to sit on with the use of cement, wood, and steel, but in reality they are cracked in numerous places and sink into a foam squishy seat when you put your weight on them. These would be amazing in a restaurant who wants some unique seating. Their stone chair is also waterproof and can be used instead of outdoor furniture. 4Korners is a design cooperative out of Red Hook, BK. This is a photo of Julio & Scott with their Rider Box, which is designed to make your commute that much more convenient. Ride everywhere boys.
    designs hand crafted wooden tiles which can brighten up any room.
    In an adjacent building there was a Sandy relief art show for artist's work that was destroyed by the Hurricane.
    [INDENT]Organized in partnership with Robert Motherwell's Dedalus Foundation, "Come Together," which opened to the public on Sunday, features the work of more than 300 artists, including Chuck Close, Lisa Yuskavage, Dustin Yellin, Rita Ackermann, Richard Serra and Nari Ward.
    I saw this original Dustin Yellin sculpture in it's original home in his large warehouse in Red Hook.
    Curator Phong Bui, author of the Brooklyn Rail, put together the art show by visiting as many galleries as he could that were affected by Hurricane Sandy and bringing together other artists out of solidarity.

Incredible! Is this open to the public to visit regularly? Are all these things produced there? Truly amazing stuff.

Lady of Grand, welcome to Exotics4life.
    Industry City is an incredible complex, home to small start up business owners, artists and major manufacturers, one of my favorite... MakerBot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-11-03 at 9.32.09 PM.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	27558
    Martino Auto Concepts

East Coast's Finest Collision Repair Facility Celebrating our 24th Anniversary

Factory Trained & Authorized by MERCEDES BENZ USA & BMW North America

Concept to reality... it's MAC, or it's not.

Joe LaPadula... I Build Cars
    #joemacbrand
    joe@martinoautoconcepts.com

Welcome to the forum Lady of Grand - LOVED your write-up!

love your post. this place is awesome , can't wait to go and see it. great pics.

love the chairs

Awesome work!!! I would love to check it out.

This is their events calendar http://www.bushterminal.com/calendar/month/2013-11. The Factory Floor is no longer showing, but the art show "Surviving Sandy" is still going

I am currently working on a ferry trip to Industry City departing from the newly built Glen Cove Ferry Terminal... keep it locked.
    Martino Auto Concepts

East Coast's Finest Collision Repair Facility Celebrating our 24th Anniversary

Factory Trained & Authorized by MERCEDES BENZ USA & BMW North America

Concept to reality... it's MAC, or it's not.

Joe LaPadula... I Build Cars
    #joemacbrand
    joe@martinoautoconcepts.com

Never even new this all existed - Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast