Register

Thread: Formula 1

Formula 1

We are almost a month away for the new season to start in Australia on 16 March.
    In 2014 the championship will see the introduction of a revised engine formula, in which the 2.4 litre v8 engine configuration which was previously used between 2006 and 2013 will be replaced with a new formula specifying a 1.6 litre turbocharged v6 engine that incorporates an energy recovery system into its build.
    The 2014 calender now has the Russian Grand Prix and the Austrian Grand Prix that will take place in the Red Bull Ring.
    What do E4L members think about this years season?

Sad to say South Korea and a few other countries are no longer on the list... ;((

1. I am not particularly happy about the change in these engines.. saddest part for me is going to be the screaming engine.
    Now all you hear is a slight turbo spooling... sigh. BUT the reasonings do make a whole lot of sense.

2. I hope SOMEONE will give Vettel a nice ass whooping...lol. Seems Nico Rosenberg gave him a good run in today's practice.

3. It'll be hard for me to keep watching this is Vettel keeps taking 1st cause the cars just don't sound the same...

FYI: I've cut and pasted the info below about the biggest changes in 2014's cars

"2014′s Biggest Changes:
    - New lower nose and chassis
    REASON: To prevent cars from becoming airborne when bumped from behind. Nose have apparently gotten higher over the years in an effort to increased airflow into the engine, while chassis heights have gone up to create more downforce by sending more air underneath the car. Go figure — more downforce means more cars going up.

No more rear “beam wing”
    REASON: Once again, less downforce.

Smaller front wing
    REASON: To reduce the amount of tire punctures caused by the sharp protrusion that is the front wing.

An extra gear
    REASON: 30% smaller fuel tanks (100kg) are a move towards fewer carbon emissions (we shouldn’t have to explain what greenhouse gasses are), while the new 8th gear will make cars more fuel efficient.

Smaller, smarter engines
    REASON: A change from a V-8 to a V-6 drops bph output to 600 from 750 last year, but will be hedged by more two powerful Energy Recovery Systems, which basically are the cars’ electronic turbo boosters (we think). Those will produced an addition 160 bph, which (obviously) helps with fuel efficiency, and adds an additional strategic component to fuel conservation during the race, as drivers will tactically switch between the two power systems."

http://www.sportsgrid.com/video/red-...ing-this-year/

Quote Originally Posted by LAMBOJules View Post
    Rev Up Your Lifestyle

Awesome vid!!

I must say, i was a tad bit disappointed watching the F1 race.
    Raceline Models
    We have BBR & MR Models
    www.racelinemodels.com

Follow us on FB:
    Raceline Models
    Follow us on Instagram:
    racelinemodels

I was happy Rosenberg won! I have to agree with you Raceline_Models, i do miss the high pitched roar!

It's completely different this year with the new engines and cars. Some manufacturers have it figured out pretty well so far, Mercedes Petronas AMG and just about all Mercedes Power unit manufacturers which is making this year slowly turn into what last year was with Sebastian. This time it's a teammate battle between Lewis and Nico.

I'm not complaining because that's my team and the rivalry is good competition, but I would like to see RBR, Ferrari and McLaren get into the mix as the season goes on.

Canadian GP tomorrow afternoon!
    John Rettenmeier Photography
    Facebook | Flickr
    Instagram: @j.rettenmeier