Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Alright, weather is finally starting to look up here over in New England. I know those cars are coming out of storage. Let's get those questions posted Exotics4Life!
    Kevin Awalt
    GTechniq North America
    Product Development Director/Master Detailer
    (203) 529-4213

KevinAwalt@GTechniqNA.com
    Find a member of our Detail Elite Network in your area

with lighter color interiors, color transferring from pants, especially jeans is common. How can this be prevented and treated?

Will I see greater or worse results with the Griots 6" over the PC 7424?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeMuss View Post
    with lighter color interiors, color transferring from pants, especially jeans is common. How can this be prevented and treated?
    Gtech's L1 leather guard will work with your color transfer issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 6spdg37s View Post
    Will I see greater or worse results with the Griots 6" over the PC 7424?
    It's something you will have to test with your cars paint. When we get a car in, we do a test spot to find out the least abrasive approach to achieve the desired results. Unfortunately that means buying multiple pads and compound/polishes as a consumer.
    Atlanta Auto Salon | Gtechniq Accredited Detailer
    900 Sun Valley Drive, Ste. 6 | Roswell, GA 30076
    770-447-8003 | perfection@atlantaautosalon.com | www.atlantaautosalon.com

question on working with what I have :

my aunts Cayman is at my house.. it is black . the paint is dry, contaminated, has hard water stains on it... would like to fix it as best as possible with the products I have left over.

adams clay bar. adams machine polish and finishing polish, wax and glaze.

can I get somewhat of a correction out of the polishes by hand ? otherwise I saw griots garage 2 in 1 polish /wax that supposidly works good i would get that for like 17 bucks but not in a position to spend more than that since its not my car and it will continue to sit outside in NYC and get rained on and abused.

question on working with what I have :

my aunts Cayman is at my house.. it is black . the paint is dry, contaminated, has hard water stains on it... would like to fix it as best as possible with the products I have left over.

adams clay bar. adams machine polish and finishing polish, wax and glaze.

can I get somewhat of a correction out of the polishes by hand ? otherwise I saw griots garage 2 in 1 polish /wax that supposidly works good i would get that for like 17 bucks but not in a position to spend more than that since its not my car and it will continue to sit outside in NYC and get rained on and abused.
    You won't be able to get much of a correction out of the machine polish and/or finishing polish, especially by hand. You'll need something more abrasive like Adam's Paint Correcting Polish and Microfiber Cutting pad on a Porter Cable or Flex machine to make any kind of dent in the paint.
    Atlanta Auto Salon | Gtechniq Accredited Detailer
    900 Sun Valley Drive, Ste. 6 | Roswell, GA 30076
    770-447-8003 | perfection@atlantaautosalon.com | www.atlantaautosalon.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGTNA View Post
    You won't be able to get much of a correction out of the machine polish and/or finishing polish, especially by hand. You'll need something more abrasive like Adam's Paint Correcting Polish and Microfiber Cutting pad on a Porter Cable or Flex machine to make any kind of dent in the paint.
    This is a great thread
    Martino Auto Concepts

East Coast's Finest Collision Repair Facility Celebrating our 24th Anniversary

Factory Trained & Authorized by MERCEDES BENZ USA & BMW North America

Concept to reality... it's MAC, or it's not.

Joe LaPadula... I Build Cars
    #joemacbrand
    joe@martinoautoconcepts.com

this paint is trashed...its a lease and not my car lol I treied to clay a small area and it wouldnt even remove the water stains/oxidation...

this paint is trashed...its a lease and not my car lol I treied to clay a small area and it wouldnt even remove the water stains/oxidation...
    Clay won't remove water stains or oxidation as that is chemical etching in the surface of the clear coat. As mentioned above, you need something more abrasive. Even a good polish may take it out with a machine application.
    Ken Allwine - Owner / Operator
    All Shine Detailing LLC
    Facebook

Okay everybody, Lets pick this thread back up! Sorry for not getting to the "how to" videos sooner. I was out of the country and traveling for a while. Here are a couple videos I promised a while back in the thread. =/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast