Register

UPDATE on West Side Highway Motorcyclist

This was monumental for all of us in the tri-state area and then some for us motor enthusiast.... I always wonder what is going on post headlines. Seems the bikers Wojciech Braszczok and James Kuehne, charged in the Sept. West Side Highway motorcycle melee.

"“Unfortunately, it appears the victim’s injuries have not healed as well as we initially believed they would,” so the charges stand for now, Assistant District Attorney Joshua Steinglass said Thursday.Defense lawyer John Arlia told a judge the developments meant “the game will change” in the case, which grabbed headlines last fall as a highway horror. Arlia and fellow Braszczok lawyer Bruce Wenger declined to comment after court.
    Braszczok – who walked through the courthouse hallway with a hood up and a scarf covering most of his face to shield himself from photographers — has pleaded not guilty. His lawyers have said that he never came close to the SUV driver and that the video footage will exonerate him.
    The other nine motorcyclists have court dates Friday. The DA’s office declined to comment on whether their charges would also remain the same, but they are based on the same injuries.
    A spokesman for the SUV driver, Alexian Lien, had no immediate comment Thursday. Lien hasn’t been charged, and he has filed a legal notice saying he plans to sue the city over Braszczok’s role in the Sept. 29 confrontation on the West Side Highway."
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/...orcycle-melee/

I hope that justice will be served for the right people. This was one heck of a story! Though I don't expect it to all finalize anytime soon...
    '07 Lotus Exige S300 ~ '12 Mini Countryman S ALL4 ~ '13 Smart ForTwo Electric Drive ~ '15 Acura RDX AWD Tech

Agreed. Interesting to read and hear everyone's perspective on this matter...

It's truly a sad story and everyone's a victim in their own way. I just hope that this doesn't affect all os us and hope everyone learns from this experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoof View Post
    I hope that justice will be served for the right people. This was one heck of a story! Though I don't expect it to all finalize anytime soon...