Register

Apple To Buy Beats For $3.2 Billion

The Financial Times is reporting that Apple is in talks to purchase Beats Headphones and Music for an estimated $3.2 billion. The news started breaking last night, and it looks like the deal could go through as early as next week.

This would be Apple’s largest acquisition ever, and would make Dr. Dre the first hip hop billionaire ever (at least according to a social media video posted last night).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dre-dre-beats-by-dre.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	753.0 KB 
ID:	34127

Some are questioning the logic of the purchase, slamming the sound quality of Beats Headphones and the ability of Beats Music, even combined with iTunes Radio, to overtake music streaming service leaders Pandora and Spotify.

Apple founder and CEO Steve Jobs was close to Jimmy Iovine, a Beats Founder and music industry executive (amongst other things). In an interview, Iovine said:

So I met [Jobs] and we hit it off right away. We were really close… We did some great marketing stuff together: 50 Cent, Bono, Jagger, stuff for the iPod — we did a lot of stuff together. But I was always trying to push Steve into subscription. And he wasn’t keen on it right away.”

Regardless of how tentative the deal might be, it looks like the celebration has already begun, as Tyrese posted (and then removed) an video with “West Compton!” and “South Central!” being shouted, just before Dr. Dre says, “The first billionaire in hip-hop, right motherfucking here from the West Coast. Believe it.”

Tyrese’s caption?

“How did I end up in the studio with Dr Dre ON THE night his deal went public that he did with Apple 3.2 BILLION!!!!! The BEATS HEADPHONES JUST CHANGED HIP HOP!!!!!!”

[source]
    Rev Up Your Lifestyle

does this mean my beats are worth more money now??????

The BIG get BIGGER
    Martino Auto Concepts

East Coast's Finest Collision Repair Facility Celebrating our 24th Anniversary

Factory Trained & Authorized by MERCEDES BENZ USA & BMW North America

Concept to reality... it's MAC, or it's not.

Joe LaPadula... I Build Cars
    #joemacbrand
    joe@martinoautoconcepts.com

I think it was a great idea!! Hopefully Apple incorporates beats speakers into the iphone 6!!

Im sure apple didn't spend any of their money they have saved in overseas banks.

In my honest opinion, I don't understand why this happened... they are not as good as everyone saids they are.

I don't know why apple always want to market all Chinese goods in U.S.